Saturday, June 27, 2009

podcast of LEGENDS


Evan Ginzburg, associate producer of The Wrestler, makes a cameo appearance with Mickey Roarke in The Wrestler.


Here's the podcast of LEGENDS, the show I was on last Wednesday. Evan Ginzburg (above) hosts it out of NYC. I was on plugging my latest work, Wrestling Then and Now - The Movie, which Evan produced.

Obviously, the subject of the clergy abuse of children would not be appropriate, although, at one point, Evan asks me about my other work. I haven't listened to the podcast, but I hemmed and haw'd before eventually saying, as briefly as possible, "My other theme is the clergy abuse of children, but it was a relief to lose myself in a subject matter that had nothing to do with that."

That's a paraphrase, btw. I'm not sure of my exact words but that's the gist of how I feel about that subject matter. Necessary to address, but psychologically unhealthy to spend more than a few years addressing it, unless you're a paid advocate.

It will probably be awhile before I even listen to my own podcast. In this way, I almost feel like Johnny Depp when he appeared on Letterman this week and revealed he never watches any of his movies. He just doesn't like watching himself. I'm kind of the same way. I don't like listening or watching myself.

LEGENDS broadcast with Evan Ginzburg and Mike Lano.

No comments: